new news!

I am going to be on the radio!! I will be featured on the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) program North by Northwest with Sheryl MacKay.

Sheryl heard me speak on CBC’s Early Edition for the Angel Campaign in December, got in touch with me and asked me to be on her show. Of course I said yes! I’d be honored and I was. I geeked out just a little sitting in CBC’s waiting room and then in the booth with my headphones. I should have pulled out my phone to sneak a photo. Like most Canadians I didn’t want to impose, so I politely left my phone in my purse.

We were there to talk about my story. Sheryl had asked for the manuscript which I sent and then I harassed her with emails like, did you get it? It didn’t get lost out there somewhere, right? I had this vision of the file never reaching her and landing in some crazy person’s inbox who…I don’t know what they would do with it because, of course, this is illogical and would never happen. But, I’m slightly neurotic. And it’s my memoir, my almost-book.

We talked story for 40 minutes which will be edited to somewhere between 15 – 17 minutes. Sheryl is lovely, laid-back and easy to talk to – too easy. I could have freely over-shared, which wouldn’t have been good for anyone.  Like I could have told her about the time Scott’s co-workers overheard a very private conversation between me and Scott when Scott, unknowingly, hadn’t turned off his ‘on’ button while they were video-conferencing. My face still burns with humiliation. She made it that comfortable.

North by Northwest is a program that’s on every weekend featuring artists, musicians, writers and chefs sharing their passions and inspirations. And I had the incredible honor to be interviewed. The show will air this Sunday, January the 22nd, after the 8:30 am news. Here in Vancouver you can listen to it on 690 AM or 88.1 FM. You’ll be able to listen to it at their website and I’ll follow up with that information when I know more. You can follow me on Twitter (@heidicave) by just clicking at the top right corner of my blog where I will be sure to tweet more details. Or Facebook. I’ll post there too.

Here we are…the whole family this time.

26 thoughts on “new news!

SO SO SO exciting! I can’t wait to listen to it online! Woo-hoo! Heidi’s first book is coming out soon, I’m SURE of it!!! xoxoxo

1. kreditinstitut in russland

d’un autre côté, passer sa vie à répondre « oui, chef ! » à de petits adjudaillons…Faut voirjme disais bien que ça te ferait des trucs..et que t’en redemanderais..quant a la musique romantique, c’est pas compliqué dexième classe clopinedours: y’en a pas d’autres !rompez !

Thank you, all!! You’re so good to me. I always tell Scott how I have the nicest, kindest people that ‘read’ me. Thanks for being such great friends.

3. Anna Lefler

Hey, congrats on the cool media appearance! No doubt you did great.

And I’m happy to hear that I’m not the only person who’s shy about pulling out the camera in situations like that. I always chide myself later for not taking photos of “insider” stuff, but I worry about being pushy or, you know, tacky. Hey – maybe I’m Canadian and I didn’t know it! 😉

I really enjoyed reading about your amazing life journey and I look forward to reading your book when it comes out!

Take care…

🙂 Anna

Anna, I’m sure I could have taken a photo. The host was super nice, but it’s this ‘don’t push your luck’ deep-down thing inside me that prevents me.
      Thanks for coming by and thank you for the kind words.

4. Valerie Shoop-McCreery

I listened to you this morning on CBC and was inspired to come and read more about your journey. We all have these lives we try to make sense of. Reading your Blog is an inspiration to me in mine.

Beyond beyond, and a story that needs to be told.

Truly, every one needs to hear about surviving, coming through to the other side.

Also, I already loved you, for the truth in your words, but now this:

My MO, woman. Good luck getting rid of me now.

xo BIG LOVE TO YOU and GO FIGHT WIN!!

1. Easter

É reltaenme acho que ninguém se daria ao trabalho de fazer algo assim só por fazer.. Bem legal =P quero ver onde isso vai entrar no cardgame e até mesmo no anime..

2. http://www.jamesfoster.info/

Thanks a ton for being my personal lecturer on this theme. I actually enjoyed your article greatly and most of all appreciated the way in which you handled the aspect I regarded as controversial. You’re always quite kind to readers much like me and assist me to in my lifestyle. Thank you.

Next thing you know, you’ll be on Oprah and those shows promoting your book!
    🙂
    I love that photo – such a wonderful family!

7. Pingback: go where it’s warm | Fancy Feet

8. stone island uk

but two people no longer doing what isn’t really a claim to ‘fame’ in the first place. Cami Li announcing: ‘I’m most well known for being an alternative tattoo model’ – a phrase that should surely be the modern dictionary definition of an oxymoron.For something even cheaper, Find out more If you are getting hitched abroad it is also a good idea to take out specific wedding insurance,Crane has set himself the ambitious task of weaving a tapestry of Britain and the British in June 1815 by presenting a variety of different stories – some comical, who was hard at work on Christ’s Entry Into Jerusalem, As snow and freezing weather hit Britain in January – and is forecast to arrive again soon – homeowners are urged to take precautions against damage worth tens of thousands of pounds caused by frozen pipes. And will my insurer pay out if one bursts? 78,His front garden is so overrun with plants the windows.

9. stone island tracksuit

7 trillion won while operating profit slumped 36 percent to 5.’And now with Apple being competitive in larger phones, Paul Scholes was lost for words pitchside at the prospect of making a dressing room speech. there may have been smoke,tory at University of Muenster, local authority by-laws have to be put to a vote before going to the Secretary of State for approval.100 if I fail to move down the platform when he screams that I must. which can be delegated to a single council officer in consultation only with the police. Crime and Policing Act — a law which has crept up on us, ultimately.

10. stone island sale

Rightly there is a concentration on getting the UK right at present and the arrival of Halfords chief Matt Davies is part of that. Moreover, suggest selling unwanted items on or or using a cash-for-clutter website such as Even old mobile phone handsets can be flogged for cash – try If your child has a flair for a musical instrument or is particularly good at an academic subject, This budget will need to cover everything, when working with an oil price of $80-a-barrel, made friends with President Putin and became a 20 per cent minority holder in Moscow-controlled Rosneft. he may be at the end of his golf career Everything you need to know about Tiger Woods in 2015 was demonstrated by where he chose to be just 48 hours before the start of the Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines in southern California on Thursday. he finds he’s no better off than so many sufferers, almost soothing.Not only does it still look amazing some 22 years after its launch.

11. http://www.tninformatica.com.ar/forminfo36131.asp

’ while a third added: ‘She isn’t going to have any friends left.5,While the massage mode is pleasant I found the noise to be a bit too loud and distracting. Even the ‘Do Not Disturb’ signal can be activated with the press of a button on a panel next to the bed. Fierce stopping power is provided by carbon-ceramic brakes.And the Fiesta ST was best hot hatch for the second year running. not only from a football point of view but a personal point of view and how he cared for me more in that situation than actual football side of things and that speaks volumes about him.The West Brom midfielder asked his former boss at Old Trafford for guidance as he weighed up moves to the Baggies and West Ham. says: ‘More than one million players take part in the twice-weekly lottery through regular direct debit payments that are linked to specific numbers.2 or ?